Benefits of Canadian Citizenship
Benefits of Canadian Citizenship:
- Political Rights: Citizens can vote in federal, provincial, and local elections and run for office.
- Dual Citizenship: Canada permits dual citizenship, allowing citizens to hold citizenship from another country if allowed.
- Employment Opportunities: Some high-security federal jobs are exclusive to Canadian citizens.
- Canadian Passport: Easier to renew than a permanent resident card and grants visa-free travel to numerous countries with consular support abroad.
- Citizenship for Offspring: Children born in Canada automatically gain citizenship, and some born overseas can become citizens if one parent is a Canadian citizen.
- Taxation: Based on residency, not citizenship. Citizens living abroad might not be taxed by Canada, while residents pay taxes based on income.
Canadian citizenship provides privileges that enhance one’s integration into Canadian life.
Schedule a meeting
Let’s discuss the details
Schedule a meeting at one of the offices or online. A lawyer will analyze the situation, calculate the cost and help you find a solution based on your goals.