Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)

Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)

Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) Overview

An eTA is an entry requirement for travelers from visa-exempt countries flying to Canada. It’s needed even if you’re just transiting through.

Who Needs It?

  • Travelers from visa-exempt countries coming to Canada by air.
  • Exceptions include those with a valid Canadian visa, U.S. citizens, Canadian and U.S. permanent residents, Armed Forces on duty, flight crews, diplomats, and travelers from the U.S. or St. Pierre and Miquelon with valid Canadian status.

How to Apply?

  • Apply online via the Canadian federal government website.
  • Requirements: Valid passport, email address, and a credit card for the $7 fee.

When to Apply?

  • Apply once you plan your trip. While most eTAs are approved within minutes online, some might take longer.

Do I Need to Print It?

  • No, the eTA is electronically linked to your passport.


  • Valid for 5 years or until your passport expires. It permits multiple entries during its validity.

Schedule a meeting

Let’s discuss the details

Schedule a meeting at one of the offices or online. A lawyer will analyze the situation, calculate the cost and help you find a solution based on your goals.