Pathways to Permanent residence
Pathways to Permanent Residence Post-Study in Canada
After studying in Canada, international graduates have various immigration pathways to permanent residence:
- Express Entry: A federal system that offers dedicated provisions for international graduates, allocating specific points for Canadian education.
- Atlantic Immigration Pilot: This employer-driven initiative has a distinct stream for international graduates.
- Provincial Nominee Programs: Ontario, for instance, offers three distinct streams for graduates. Only one requires a job offer.
- Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP): Essential for some provincial programs, the PGWP gives graduates up to three years to gain required work experience.
- Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS): Launched in November 2016, the CRS awards points for specific education levels, making permanent residence more attainable for graduates.
In essence, Canada’s evolving immigration policies make transitioning from student to permanent resident smoother and more achievable.
Schedule a meeting
Let’s discuss the details
Schedule a meeting at one of the offices or online. A lawyer will analyze the situation, calculate the cost and help you find a solution based on your goals.