Eligible Occupations Program
Eligible Occupations for Canada’s Federal Skilled Worker Program
Canada’s Federal Skilled Worker Program is one of the three federal immigration programs operating under the Express Entry system.
Under Express Entry, individuals working as Federal Skilled Workers in any of the 370 eligible occupations and meeting the minimum entry criteria can submit an expression of interest profile to the Express Entry Pool. The candidates’ profiles in the pool are then ranked using the Comprehensive Ranking System, and those with the highest rankings have the chance to receive an invitation to apply for permanent residence. Candidates who receive an invitation must complete the application process within 60 days.
To qualify as a Federal Skilled Worker, candidates must possess suitable education, work experience, age, and language proficiency in English or French. Qualified candidates are selected through the Express Entry Immigration system and can apply for permanent residence.
Here are a few examples of high-demand occupations:
- Family Physician
- Software Developer
To be admitted to the Express Entry Pool as a Federal Skilled Worker, applicants must meet the following essential conditions:
- Possess at least one year of continuous full-time paid work experience, or its part-time equivalent, within the past 10 years in one of the 370 eligible occupations listed under the National Occupational Classification (NOC) system.
- The work experience must fall under NOC skill levels 0 (management occupations), 1 (occupations usually requiring a university degree), 2 (occupations requiring a college diploma or apprenticeship training of 2 or more years, or supervisory roles), or 3 (occupations requiring a college diploma or apprenticeship training of less than 2 years, or more than 6 months of on-the-job training) of the National Occupational Classification.
- Score sufficient points on the skilled worker point grid, which comprises six selection factors. The current pass mark is 67 points.
- Undergo language testing from a recognized third party and demonstrate intermediate-level language skills in English or French corresponding to the Canadian Language Benchmark of 7.
- Possess suitable settlement funding.
- Undergo successful security background and medical examinations.
To determine your eligibility under the Federal Skilled Worker Program or other programs in Canada, you can complete a free online evaluation for Skilled Workers or other categories. The evaluation results will be provided within 1-2 business days.
Schedule a meeting
Let’s discuss the details
Schedule a meeting at one of the offices or online. A lawyer will analyze the situation, calculate the cost and help you find a solution based on your goals.