The Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot
Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot: Boosting Smaller Communities
The Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot is a federal initiative running over five years, targeting smaller communities experiencing labor gaps and aging demographics. This program diversifies the distribution of immigrants, ensuring more regions reap the benefits of skilled immigration.
- Those with under 50,000 residents, located more than 75 km from a major metropolitan area.
- Those with up to 200,000 residents deemed “remote” by the Statistics Canada Remoteness Index.
Pathway to Permanent Residence:
- Eligibility Check: Ensure you meet both federal and specific community criteria.
- Secure a Job: Find suitable employment in a participating community.
- Community Recommendation: With a job offer, apply for a community recommendation.
- Permanent Residence: Upon recommendation, submit your application for permanent residence.
- Experience: Have a year of employment experience within the past three, performing primary duties of a specific NOC. International students might qualify for exemptions.
- Language: Meet the CLB or NCLC standards, dependent on the NOC of the job.
- Education: Possess a Canadian high school degree or a foreign equivalent, validated with an ECA report.
- Settlement Funds: Show adequate funds for self and family during the transition.
- Residency Intention: Plan to reside within the selected community.
Community Criteria: Each participating community might set additional standards. Prospective applicants should consult the respective community’s website for detailed information.
In essence, the Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot offers a golden chance for skilled professionals to both benefit from and contribute to the development of Canada’s smaller communities, achieving their aspirations for Canadian permanent residence.
Schedule a meeting
Let’s discuss the details
Schedule a meeting at one of the offices or online. A lawyer will analyze the situation, calculate the cost and help you find a solution based on your goals.